WHAT IS UP GUYS!!!????. . . . . . . . . . The roof of course

WHAT IS UP GUYS!!!????. . . . . . . . . . The roof of course

Thursday 22 September 2011

SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES, A new perspective

Online Social media networking groups such as Twitter, Facebook, blogs etc. are only good for keeping in touch with family and friends, right? Wrong! That is probably the common misconception that influences thousands possibly of people including myself. Washing away my ignorance, ALES 204 is showing me how these online social networking sites can have many useful purposes .


Knowledge
I can:

  •  read about new discoveries made by scientists in short understandable passages on Twitter
  • With other people whose interest is in nutrition or food science, we can share knowledge and I can learn from others. This can be done via Facebook and blogs
  • Receive current news updates from around the world!



Online Profile
I can even create a business profile on Facebook which introduces me in a professional way. I can upload my credentials, my resume (past work experiences, volunteer experiences, awards and, skills, strengths etc.) This profile can help me connect with organizations and companies! Although sending resumés to companies by hand shows sincerity, an online public professional profile can be creative, attractive and is easily accessible by others.


Now I can utilize Facebook to help me befriend other individuals who who are in the same career field as I am! 


Here’s my business profile, take a look if you like!
I uploaded my information, resume, some pictures of me in my profession (nutrition and Food Science) and a few recommendations for some websites related to Nutrition and food Science.

No comments:

Post a Comment